Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A storm is brewing!

So the hot weather continues but not for much longer perhaps? The lightning show has begun...where is the rain? It's been a few days since my last post so I thought I would do a quick update of Ethical Weddings events. At the weekend we went to Bristol where I met with a journalist for the Soil Association's magazine, 'Living Earth'. We had a good chat over a cup of tea about my own wedding and how this led to the setting up of Ethical Weddings. The article, which will appear in the Autumn issue of 'Living Earth', will feature a bride (who works for the Soil Association) who planned her own green wedding; Ruth Culver, who set up the wedding coordinating service, Green Weddings; and me! On the supplier front, I had the pleasure of meeting with Belinda Chapman of Light on Life the other week. Belinda is a celebrant - her role involves creating life ceremonies to suit the people at the centre of them - they can take place anywhere, in a hotel, on a beach, in a field - and use any form of expression - music, songs, literature, poetry or performance. I will be posting my chat with Belinda on City Hippy - watch this space and I'll let you know when it's up! Another supplier to sign up to Ethical Weddings is the very funky Junky Styling. Using clothes from charity shops or that were headed for the bin, they deconstruct them then redesign them into twisted, tailored garments that are utterly unique. Wedding dresses begin at £2000 and men's suits at £450 - all items can be turned around within 2-6 weeks. My sister and I have been giving our own clothes a new lease of life tonight...by conducting a swap shop in my living room. However, I now seem to have more clothes than I started with - a trip to the charity shop may be in order! Bye for now! Katie ethicalweddings.com Technorati tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home